domingo, 23 de janeiro de 2011

Wish List #2

I have spent all of my Saturday facing food poisoning, which perhaps serves me to never take food from a sour waitress ever again. But it was my intention to fix Wish List on Saturdays. So, delayed second Wish List follows, the theme is letter writing and reading.


Letters to Juliet
by Lise Friedman
I was (re)watching Letters to Juliet the other day and stumbled on the extras, which talked about the book. Apparently, it is not the story of a specific couple like in the movie, but a more general approach, trying to find the reason behind writing letters to Juliet, telling the history of the 'Club of Juliet', and transcribing some of the letters. It sounds very interesting. Plus, great reviews at GR. It seems this writer is praised everywhere.

Jane Austen's Letters
by Jane Austen and Deirdre Le Faye
A collection of letters from Jane Austen to her sister, family, friends and editors. Since I'm more than a little curious about how letters were actually written at her time (was it really what it showed in P&P?), I'm eagerly looking for this novel in my trusted bookshops and thrift shops.
Needless to say, great reviews at GR (4 stars), but perhaps that is due to the selected readers (ever heard of anyone who didn't like Austen reading her letters?).
Has anyone read this? It's been a little tricky to find it.


Dear Jane Austen - A Heroine's Guide to Life and Love
by Patrice Hannon
One of the blogs to which I subscribe is The Bennet Sisters and just today they posted a review on this book, and it does sound like a lovely, light read. It made me recall that scene from Jane Austen's Book Club, "What would Jane do?". Plus, it's got more information on her life, which on its own would work for me.
Hoping to become the composed, confident lady of Austen's novels.




The Wednesday Letters
by Jason F. Wright
Admittedly, this is the book I am most likely to forget about in this list (I dislike the "They died in each other's arms", Nicholas Sparks thing), but it poses a nice little notion of sending letters to your spouse. And of immortalizing part of their relationship for their children.
If I ever come across this book, I'll read it.
Has anyone tried it?
Almost 4 stars in GR.


And that was it for this week,
xoxo

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Tell me somethiiing!