domingo, 30 de janeiro de 2011

The Paris Shock

Oh my God, have I mentioned how much I hate Vista? All of its tiny cute details take an eternity to load and they make my HP look like one of those ancient, slow motion computers. But then I can´t take all the cute details away because they are cute and by now I am used to them. Not fair.
Now that we´ve got tthat covered, have I mentioned I´m a Gilmore Girls fan? Ever since those happy, absolutely guilt-free days when I came back from school and watched endless marathons of Everwood, E.R., Friends and, my favourite, Gilmore Girls, I have loved loved loooved Gilmore Girls. They talked fast and they always found a way to make it up to whoever it is they had disappointed. Plus, Rory and Lorelai are nice names to pronounce.
This holiday season, mum and I went a bit wacky (and I had money from Christmas) and bought the Gilmore Girls Box. The entire collection. Every episode. And since I´ve bugged her for this for a long, long time and we have agreed on only watching it together (it was a 50-50 purchase), we´ve been spending a couple of afternoons devoted to the sole purpose of watching GG and eating junk food with gallons of water. So far, we´ve gotten through the first season and today managed to get to the end of DVD 2 (out of 6), season 2 (out of 7)! It´s been about a week. When it ends, we´ll have to rewatch it, ´cause we´ll have forgotten the beginning and it will probably become a vicious cycle. And I still want to write down comments on my favourite episodes (my favourite is the last one from the first season, “Because I love you, you idiot” is so cute! But I can´t remember which one has the Town´s Troubadour complaining about the competition on the town´s meeting thing – see? Notes are important).
This whole thing started because of Sookie, really. We´d watched a couple of Mike & Molly episodes (if you don´t know, Sookie is Molly) and it is so upsetting. I don´t know if the script is just bad (no offense, new comedy sitcoms, but you are all pretty sucky at the moment), but she´s so GOOD at the fun and perky thing and it is so not showing at M&M. Am I too choosy or nostalgic? TV used to be fun and perky, now it all looks a bit more plastic than I´d like – have you seen Better With You? All the lines are supposed to be funny and all the actors do the cute comedy faces and it´s all fast paced and I-want-to-look-like-Friends, I watched the first episode and was bothered by the whole Too Familiar setting they had, suddenly I was disliking the guy who was supposed to be Likable Guy, eventhough I kind of liked all the actors. I miss coming home to Friends. To Everwood. So now, Gilmore Girls it is. And my sleeping and/or staring into the ceiling activities have taken up more time too.
[Paris Shock begins]
But do you know what´s really freaky about all this GG watching? Aside from being slightly jealous of Stars Hollow and all the freedom it provided, I´ve seen more of Paris than I remembered and I´m starting to notice too many things that we have in common. Seriously, I am a lot like the girl who got the “Recreating the Bitch” chapter in that feminist GG analysis book! There is an episode in season one where Rory is all messy because of that kiss with Tristin and they are together in a project to create a country and its government, and Paris is energeticaly talking about which form of government they should choose and which historical figures they should aim for and blablabla and meanwhile all I could think was “Gee, that´d be so cool, why didn´t I ever have to write a paper on that? The closest I got to was that assignment for the utopic school project, that was so much fun! But think about a whole country. I´d have to pick a name and a flag, the type of government, the elective posts, maybe the local sayings and some sketches of the streets and the public places...” and all of a sudden I was cursing the fact that now school was over and I couldn´t suggest it to my teacher, not that he´d take it anyway, and wondering if I could make it another independant project for this holiday (which is getting shorter and shorter every minute). Maybe I could find some books on alternative governmental options. See? “Intense.” That´s me. That´s us. People get freaked out by it. Have you noticed that my posts come in blocks at the same day and/or in huge length? Not on purpose. Besides, bossy. We´re both freaking bossy. And I don´t even have a boss position in the school paper (which didn´t exist) or whatever. I´m just bossy on my own. I really tried to quit it, but it is bigger than me, so I might as well embrace it.
Actually, I might as well embrace it all, I´m the “Recreating the Bitch” girl. (Only I´m not actually mean. Suffer with some people-pleasing needs I´ve been trying to dissolve ever since I found out most people prefer people who treat them like they´re nothing at all special. Very poor social skills at hand, but the shame part is mostly finished and all that Lorelai talk must be getting into my head.)
Must go back to all those unfinished books.

xoxo
Non-mean Paris with much less money and much shorter hair.

(January 29th)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Tell me somethiiing!